Slivnitsa is a town in western Bulgaria, 22 km away from Sofia, lying on the main road connecting the capital with the Bulgarian-Serbian border. The population are 8000 humans. Called by historians the „battle of the captains vs the generals,“ referring to the young Bulgarian army, whose highest rank went up to a captain, the Battle of Slivnitsa was a decisive factor in the victory of the Bulgarian Army over the Serbs between 17 and 19 November 1885. It solidified the unification between the Kingdom of Bulgaria and Eastern Rumelia. The temple the oldest building in the city and it is of great religious, historic and cultural importance. Its construction is started in 11 may 1879. Then the metropolitan of Sofia Meletii sanctified it in 1872. The construction is only a rock wall, as the centimeter surpasses adiposity 70 instantaneously, the area – 250 square meter is in the time due to historic reasons being interrupted. At the explosion of the Russia-Turkish war the plant was recruited, for one year as well the temple is lighted up later. Grandfather Pune Kolev that presents ground for the building of today ‘ s school in transport „N.Y.Vaptsarov“, is one of the cardinal donors knows for framing the temple. During the Serbian-Bulgarian war the temple has is changed in a pesthouse. A small mountain named Viskyar stands out to the south and the southwest of Slivnitsa. The mountain’s highest peak is called Mechi Kamak (Мечи камък, „Bear’s Stone“) and is 1,077 m high. Viskyar is rich in archeological and historical remains. Important strategic and commercial roads, connecting the southern end of the Balkan peninsula with the Danube River and Western Europe, have passed through these lands since Antiquity. An interesting sight is the memorial church, built to the southeast of the Gurgulyat village.